Across Alaska, volunteers are needed to assist with a variety of tasks. No matter your area of expertise or ability, Les welcomes you to the volunteer team.
- Fundraising: Enjoy talking with people and sharing Les Gara’s vision for Alaska? Fundraising is all about building relationships, from meeting and greeting to collecting fundraising envelopes at events.
- Writing: If you have a talent for words, write a letter-to-the-editor in your local newspaper or the statewide Anchorage Daily News in support of Les Gara. Reach out to other Alaskans about the issues that matter most to you, and why you support Les as the next governor of Alaska. Not sure how to write a letter? Read our tip sheet. <<——-HERE! 🙂
- Community host: Would you be willing to organize a community or small-group meeting with Les Gara to discuss important issues facing your city or village? Volunteers are needed to drive community support, especially in rural Alaska. While the covid-19 pandemic continues to make in-person meetings a challenge, the team will work to create a safe and effective strategy to allow Les Gara and your community a chance to talk, ask questions, and learn more about important issues facing Alaska.
- Office volunteers: As the campaign moves forward, the Les Gara for Governor campaign offices will be busy places. Office volunteers may assist staff with a variety of tasks, from calling supporters to stuffing envelopes and entering information into databases. If you have the time, we’ve got a task. High school or college students: This is a great way to gain valuable experience!
- “On the ground” tasks: Are you handy with a hammer and nails? The Les Gara campaign will soon need help constructing large signs for distribution around Alaska.
Ready to get started? Reach out to email@example.com with your desired tasks/skills and the number of hours available. We’ll contact you as the need for volunteers grows!
~ Erin Kirkland, volunteer coordinator